10 REASONS TO BOOK WITH US
1. During almost 40 years of experience in the marine excursion industry, in Sand Dollar Sports we have directed our efforts as a company towards the care of the reefs and surrounding ecosystems.
2. We offer incredible experiences with local and professional staff, respecting and preserving the environment for future generations.
3. We have certified divers, professional PADI Instructors and Dive Masters who provide comprehensive briefings with emphasis on safe diving and best practices, without disturbing marine life.
4. We have collaborated with more than 40,000 USD in the placement of 100 spheres for the generation of corals (Reef Balls), to ensure the habitat of the fish and return of the coral reef systems that were destroyed by Hurricane Wilma.
5. We provide financial and materials to support to various social, cultural, and environmental causes. Like schools, sports groups, etc.
6. We offer diving courses to volunteers for the environmental and biological monitoring projects. In the same way, snorkeling and coral restoration workshops are offered to children and teenagers from the community. Sand Dollar Sports provides the boats and diving equipment for these projects, free of charge.
7. At our location, we have the first Coral Restoration Laboratory in Cozumel, in support of the NGO Cozumel Coral Reef Restoration Program.
8. We continuously support beach cleaning projects on the areas surrounding the establishment, and also on other areas of the island.
9. We are a PADI 5 stars Dive Resort and we have obtained the Certificate of Excellence on Trip Advisor in more than 480 reviews with excellent comments from our happy clients.
10. Thanks to your support we can continue the preservation of coral reefs for future generations.
Here we share our best practices for your next visit to protect our incredible island of Cozumel.
For your safety and also the corals, keep a distance of 5 feet (1.5 meters) from the reefs.
Try your hands and fins movements underwater do not raise the sand, avoid the accumulation of sediments as it damages the corals.
It´s not allowed to stand on, touch or hold the coral reefs.
It´s forbidden to fish, collect or disturb any marine organism, fish, corals, shells, snails, starfish, etc.
All sunscreens are considered polluting and are not allowed. We recommend our guests wear rash guards or long-sleeved bathing suits.
It is not allowed to carry spears, hooks, harpoons or explosives, wear gloves or knives.
Do not disturb or remove the fauna and flora from their shelters.
Do not feed any fish or animals in or out of the water.
Do not throw away any type of solid residue, fuel, grease, oil or any other liquid substance.
Avoid buying products made from coral. Most corals are protected by CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora) like: black coral (Anthiparia sp.) and popular decorative species such as blue corals (Helioporidae sp.), fire (Milleporidae sp.), stony (Scleractinia sp.) and lace (Stylasteridae sp.), among others.*
Don’t buy jewelry or souvenirs made from animals that once lived in the ocean—that includes all shells! Although it may seem harmless, it can seriously alter the ecosystem and marine wildlife populations.
Please spread the word and see you soon!!
*While some of these species can be legally sold in some places, ocean advocates warn that the trade is not highly regulated and there is no way to know what has been sustainably harvested.